Weekly Report #13–2017.10.02
City of Zion (CoZ) is a global community of open source enthusiasts, with the shared goal of helping NEO achieve its full potential. CoZ primarily operates through the community Slack and CoZ Github, central places where the community shares knowledge and contributes to projects.
CoZ is neither a corporation, nor a consulting firm or a devshop / for-hire group.
There is no formal process in joining CoZ. Interested individuals will have to do the work first, and the submitted code has to be licensed under the MIT License. Consistent contributors will become eligible to join the CoZ organization, and begin collaborating on projects. The governance process of this organization can be found here.
Since its inception, the CoZ Council has been in close contact with the NEO Council. The NEO Council provides support to the community, in the form of NEO rewards, which CoZ redistributes weekly.
For individuals who are interested in financially supporting CoZ development, our donation address is AXSoNQEKjmqPBNPg5cNrHyWivfjok3Vj9D.
For transparency, CoZ Council members are excluded from weekly NEO rewards, and any CoZ competitions. This week, 316 NEO were awarded for the following contributions to the NEO ecosystem.
Week in Review
Beta release of Ozone (O3), a native iOS wallet, developed by community members (Slack ID: Andreit and Apisit). All iOS developers within the NEO community are invited to review and refine the code on Github. Read more about Ozone here.
On October 9, NEO Council will be hosting a global community meetup in Shanghai. The livestream for this meetup can be accessed by scanning the QR code below.
We need experienced Stack Exchange users (with more than 200 reputation) that want to be active in our community, to commit to the proposal. You can do so here.
Neo Python (neo-python
- Continued python smart contract compiler work — Added support for nested loops, nested method definitions, lambdas (currently working on list comprehensions)
- Further integration of NEP5 token functionality — Attach assets (NEO or GAS) to an invocation
- Added support for defining and dispatching Runtime.Notify events in a smart contract, and the ability to subscribe to any event dispatched from the VM
ICO Slack Helper (slack-management-platform
- Fully functioning deployment within the NEO Slack
- New options to manage banning and deactivating of users by reports
- Admin command to instantly disable a user
- Username protection
- Begin development on banning emails globally among all registered Slack
- Added ability to call InvocationTransactions, with attached NEO or GAS in preparation for RPX token sale (currently in testing/verification)
- New transaction constructor API
Blockchain Explorer (neo-scan
- New design integration
- Code review and upgrades for new design data
- Test fixes
Neo Go SDK (neo-go-sdk
- Ability to derive a Public Key from a WIF
- Add support for creation of Signature from a private key
- Improved documentation
CoZ Community Resources (awesome-neo
- Establish structure and addition of new resources